Digital Receptionist - Manual on/off

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gavpop, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gavpop

Hi,

Is there a way to allow a set of users the rights to manually turn on/off the "Out of office"?
    I don't want to use the on/off based on day of week/time, due to erratic opening times of our office.

I can see in Extensions management, Rights - "Can Control IVR", but cannot find any documentation to elaborate on what that does?

2. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @gavpop,

I would recommend to use the *64 codes to manually change the state of the PBX. Calling *641 will set the phone system to In Office Hours and *642 will set it to Out Of Office Hours. Also *640 sets the Office Hours to default settings. This will override any automatic office hours setting, and both dial codes are permanent until changed.

The "Can control IVR" parameter will give the right to an extension to manage a call that is in the IVR through the 3CX phone switchboard.

3. gavpop

Thank you - that works.
    One question - How do I control who can dial the *64 numbers? I only want a few extensions to have this ability.

4. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@gavpop,

I can see how that would be an issue. Unfortunately there is no way you can set this from the PBX. What you can change though, is the Dial Code from Settings > Dial Codes > Force 3CX Phone System to IN or OUT of office. You can set the dial code to a number that only the PBX administrator knows, as long as it does not interfere with the other codes.

Hope this helps.

5. GCollis

Hi gavpop,

The problem with the *64 numbers is it will force the whole system to either IN or OUT of office and this is not always desireable. A nice little work around which also allows you to manually control individual inbound rules without impacting the rest of the system is to create a dummy extension, enable voicemail and set a secure pin, under the forwarding rules of the dummy extension set the available tab to ring where it rings normally during IN office & set the DND tab to do whatever it does when OUT of office.
    To activate/de-activate simply call the voicemail extension & access the dummy extensions mailbox and press 9 for mailbox options then 1 to change profile, 0 = available, 1 = away, 2 = DND. The beauty of this little work around is if you have a DID pointing at voicemail you can even control it externally.

Hope it helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.