• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

digital receptionist noise problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbplanet

Reaction score
Hi. I'm very happy for 3cx software. I think it's the best PBX software.

But there are only a problem.

I have configured a Digital Receptionist whit a digit menu. When an user choose to trasfer the call to an extension number, when the extesion answers there are a terrible noise for about 7 seconds.

After this the voice and communication becomes ok, but for these 7 seconds both the users can heard this noise.

Before I thought the problem depends from my PAP2 linksys adapter, but I have tested with Xten software as extension, and the noise is the same!

Ah...if I don't use the digital receptionist, and forward the call directly to an extension number (from the external voip line) this problem there isn't, and the call is clean just from the first second.

Can you help me to resolve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Hi !

We've detected (and we believe fixed) the described problem when GSM codec is being used.

Please try to use another codec if it's possible.
Sorry for inconvenience :)

Alexander said:
Hi !

We've detected (and we believe fixed) the described problem when GSM codec is being used.

Please try to use another codec if it's possible.
Sorry for inconvenience :)

Ok but what is the codec GSM? I've tried all codec my linksys pap2 have.

g711a
g711u
G726-16 / 24 32 and 40
G729a
G723

But only g711a and g711u can connect to 3cx. How can I do?

Hi !

Looks like your problem is not pertinent to GSM codec using. Then it is something we don't know about.
Can you please repeat the problem and send your log-files (from the '<3CX PhoneSystem folder>\Data\Logs' folder) to me ?

Thanks for your help :)

Alexander said:
Hi !

Looks like your problem is not pertinent to GSM codec using. Then it is something we don't know about.
Can you please repeat the problem and send your log-files (from the '<3CX PhoneSystem folder>\Data\Logs' folder) to me ?

Thanks for your help :)

I've created an Inbound Roule to a IVR

When the external caller press a key to select an extension, he can ear the hold music. When the extension answers, both (caller and extension) can ear a awful noise for any seconds. After these second the noise go away and all it's ok.

Where I can post you my logs folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.