Digital Receptionist - not disconnecting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andykeen, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andykeen

Hi All.
    We have this ongoing issue with our 3cx system and 3 of our clients are experiencing the same problem and we cant resolve it.

We (and they) have a grandstream 4104 connected to 3cx - V10 using PSTN lines ONLY - no VOIP - and we find that when the 3cx system answers via a digital receptionist and the caller hangs-up before the call has been put through (i.e. they are in the Digital Receptionist message) then the 3cx system does not detect the end of the call and stays on the line.

To be honest this is frustrating the He*l out of me and is stopping us from moving forward with further sales of this system. Of course if the user wants the PSTN line put straight through to an extension then thats fine but if they want a Digital Receptionist then that concerns me as the lines would be showing engaged for extended periods of time and missing calls and thats exactly what is happening to my other clients and they are complaining / not happy.

This is causing us a few problems in that firstly the line remains engaged (and this can be for 3 or 4 minutes - see below) and secondly it remians engaged because the 3cx system is working through the Digitial Receptionist process and executes the time out which in this case is to be put through to extension 100 (reception)

This adds additional problems because if the extension is answered then all the caller hears is a dead line (because the caller hung-up a minute or so ago) or if the extension is not answered it goes to their voicemail which then records 2 minutes of dead line - which is then emailled to someone and if they are on a mobile device - downloaded for no reason.

However

If we get the 3cx system to answer the call directly to an extension - i.e all calls are directed to extension 100 or group etc and the user hangs up this problem does not happen and the line is cleared ready for the next caller.

I have listened into a call when the 3cx Digital receptionist answered and you can clearly hear the caller hanging up and the dead tone but the 3cx just continues with its process and ignores the dead tone

Does ANYONE please have an answer to this issue - or am I doing something wrong with the setup of the digital receptionist.
    Regards
    Andy Keen

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The Grandstream devices have settings that control how the device determines/handles disconnects. My suggestion is that you run the line check feature to ensure that the device is optimized to the analog lines in your area. Run the full set of tests and also ensure you are running the latest GS firmware. Try your DR scenarios again and see if better. If not, then you can try and change the settings for how the GS detects hang-up/disconnect and see if any change. You may need to employ wireshark to get the full picture.

Keep in mind that at this point the GS and 3CX systems are communicating with one another at the digital level using SIP signaling. What you physically may hear isn't really relevant unless and until the GS device is able to "hear" the same thing and translate to 3CX what the status is.

3. andykeen

Hi Ineblett.

Thank you for your feedback and help.

Let me put that into the picture and i will come back shortly.

Thanks again
    Andy

4. andykeen

Hi Ineblett.

I finally got hacked off with this problem, so I sent Grandstream tech support an email - and how fantastic - they sorted the issue for me.

Here is there solution - For a GXW4104:
    Can you please try the following settings under the FXO line settings :

Enable Current Disconnect : Yes.
    If enabled use threshold: 80 ( you may also test with 70 in case its not working )

And please make sure you're running the latest firmware 1.3.4.13.

As I said - it works fine.
    Regards
    Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.