Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Digital Receptionist - One way audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kyle A, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle A

Hi,

We have a recorded message that plays whenever someone calls our main extension number, the call is then forwarded to our reception extension. The issue we have is that when the recorded message is enabled there is no audio transmitted from the callers side and the receptionist can't hear the caller.

I had this working a couple of weeks ago but it seems to have stopped working since recently. I have no firewall issues on the 3CX server and I cannot see any traffic being blocked to and from the 3cx server, its weird because normal calls work fine.

I had this issue before and I had to untick the "Allow to replace header" option on the extension for it work, I have tried playing around with all the extension specific settings but I have had no joy so far.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Kyle A

So we correctly understand the issue, the call comes in and goes straight to a digital receptionist where a message is played. After the message the call is forwarded to the receptionists extension where you are experiencing one way audio. Is that correct?
    Does the issue go away if no message is played or if the call does not go through the digital receptionist?
    Can you replicate the issue by calling from an internal extension to the digital receptionist?
    What version PBX are you running?

3. Kyle A

HI Yiannish.

I managed to resolve the issue, as the issue did not occur with our backup SIP trunk. When I compared the settings I noticed "supports reinvites" was unticked on our main SIP trunk this seems to cause the one way audio specifically with digital receptionist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.