• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Digital Receptionist Option - Forward to VM over Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSlocum

Customer
Reaction score
We have 3CX in two locations, and I'm setting up the 2nd office. At the 2nd office, we have an after hours message with three options, and we want one of the options to forward the call to the voicemail of an extension in the 1st office.

Basically: Someone calls Office 2 after hours and presses "3", call goes to voicemail of extension in Office 1.

How could I set this up?

It's come up before..

http://www.3cx.com/forums/transfer-direct-to-voicemail-across-a-bridge-40007.html

I would try this,

Digital Reception calls a dummy extension Site2

Site2 Dummy Extension - Forwards to an external number as per info in url above post #3

Thank you all for the replies.

I ended up creating a dummy extension at site 2 that forwards to the correct extension at site 1, which will be automatically set to unavailable after hours so it goes directly to VM. This way, I won't need to mess with dial codes over bridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.