Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Digital receptionist problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by it2pimp, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it2pimp

Hi,

I got a customer on 3CX v10. He got several digital receptionists configured.

Digital receptionist 1 : Hello blabla ... press 1 for dutch press 2 for french press 3 for english (==> user presses 2 for french)
    Digital receptionist 2 : will be in the language the caller has chosen en say's "press 1 for serv" "press 2 for sales" "press 3 for parts" ...

Now some callers are fast people who can't wait. They press 22 to be redirected directly to 2 for french and 2 for sales because they know the menu.

The problem is that number 22 is also a digital receptionist with the closed message. So callers think they are closed.

Is there a way to disable the direct call to extensions when calling to the digital receptionist ?

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi!

I'm not sure if this works on V10, but in V11 and V12 you can go to the Custom Parameters, add a new one named "IVR_DIRECT_DIALING_GRAMMAR" and set its value to "[0-9]" (both without quotes).

Give us your feedback and let us know if this also works on V10.

3. it2pimp

Hi,

I added this to the custom parameters.
    Its not working yet, but I still have to restart the phone system services.

I will try this later because at the moment it is in full use.

4. it2pimp

I still got this problem, the suggestion to add a custom parameters in 3CX doesn't work in V10.

Are there any other options to disable the direct calling to an extension from the digital receptionist menu ?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This question has been raised number of times, and so far, there seems to be no solution.

A feature suggestion has been submitted in 3CX Ideas.. http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php?page=home.php&cd=10

You might want to vote for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.