Digital receptionist problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by it2pimp, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it2pimp

Hi,

I got a customer on 3CX v10. He got several digital receptionists configured.

Digital receptionist 1 : Hello blabla ... press 1 for dutch press 2 for french press 3 for english (==> user presses 2 for french)
    Digital receptionist 2 : will be in the language the caller has chosen en say's "press 1 for serv" "press 2 for sales" "press 3 for parts" ...

Now some callers are fast people who can't wait. They press 22 to be redirected directly to 2 for french and 2 for sales because they know the menu.

The problem is that number 22 is also a digital receptionist with the closed message. So callers think they are closed.

Is there a way to disable the direct call to extensions when calling to the digital receptionist ?

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi!

I'm not sure if this works on V10, but in V11 and V12 you can go to the Custom Parameters, add a new one named "IVR_DIRECT_DIALING_GRAMMAR" and set its value to "[0-9]" (both without quotes).

Give us your feedback and let us know if this also works on V10.

3. it2pimp

Hi,

I added this to the custom parameters.
    Its not working yet, but I still have to restart the phone system services.

I will try this later because at the moment it is in full use.

4. it2pimp

I still got this problem, the suggestion to add a custom parameters in 3CX doesn't work in V10.

Are there any other options to disable the direct calling to an extension from the digital receptionist menu ?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This question has been raised number of times, and so far, there seems to be no solution.

A feature suggestion has been submitted in 3CX Ideas.. http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php?page=home.php&cd=10

You might want to vote for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.