Digital Receptionist Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dawson166, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawson166

Hello,

What I have is 3 POTS lines coming into a Voip gateway which is then connected to my network and thus, connected to the 3CX PBX. I have set it up so when a call comes in, it will goto the digital receptionist. The problem happens when I have one call connected to the Digitial Receptionist and try another call. The second call will not be picked up by the DR while the first call is connected to the DR. The Voip gateway shows that the second call is coming in by flashing on the FXO port.

I'm not really sure what is wrong or where to start to troubleshoot this. Can the Digital Receptionist take many calls at once? Or is the second call not being picked up because the DR is busy?

Thanks

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Welcome to the forum :)

Do you have any answers to the questions asked in http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

The PBX and the DR receptionist can handle many calls at once, it actually runs in the 100's if you look at licensing details, so I am sure its not blocking your calls coming trough. What you should do, as Stephan was saying when sending you to the posting rules in the forum was that more information is required to diagnose such problems, I will be specific in this case as its your first post.. but please do read them and comply so you will get better assistance and avoid your post getting deleted.

So you need to primarily describe what device you are using, also go to the management console and see why the call is not getting routed, or if the device is even routing it to the PBX. With this information in hand the community can start to assist you :mrgreen:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.