Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Digital receptionist ring rather than hold music

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Joey Taylor, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey Taylor

I would like to set up my digital receptionist so that when it transfers a call to an extension it rings rather than saying "Please hold while I transfer your call..." followed by hold music.

Changing the hold music under Settings > Music on Hold works, but understandably changes the hold music throughout the system which is not what I want.

Is it possible to change _just_ the hold music used when the digital receptionist transfers a call?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There may be, but I'm not aware of a setting specifically for the DR. Perhaps a feature suggestion, where one could select different combinations when a transfer is done. Transfer announcement, or not (untick a box), then changing to either music (perhaps even a particular audio file), or ring-back tone (drop down menu).

3. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Joey Taylor,
    You can replace the please_hold.wav file with an empty wav file. To do so you should first create a custom system prompts set.

1. Go in the Management Console's Settings tab and click on System Prompts.
    2. Click on Manage Prompt Sets, copy the existing Prompt set Language, and rename to a desired name (example: "Custom")
    3. Click once again on the Manage Prompt Sets, and select the custom prompt set you saved.
    4. On the "Search Bar" type please_hold, click on the prompt and download it
    5. Open the Downloads Folder and rename the "please_hold.wav" to any name
    6. Follow this path in your folders: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Prompts and copy the Empty.wav
    7. Paste the Empty.wav in the Downloads Folder and rename it to please_hold.wav
    8. Go back to the Management Console click on the please_hold.wav, click on Browse, and select the newly renamed "please_hold.wav" file from the Downloads Folder
    This procedure will replace the standard "Please Hold" prompt with a 1 second silence wav file.

NickD_3CX likes this.
  4. Joey Taylor

Thank you Apostolis, that's what I've done already :).

The problem I am trying to solve is having it make a ringing sound after that silence rather than playing the hold music (without it affecting the hold music throughout the system).

5. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

You can set the regular MOH to the WAV ring "usprogresstone.wav" and then for HOLD tell your people to not use the hold button but instead use Call Parking. For Parking put your music there.

There is separate hold music options for general HOLD (which is used by the phones hold button and also as you found out the call transfers) and Call Park.

What you can't do is separate phone hold music from call transfer music. These are tied together. The call Park option is your only way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Joey Taylor

Thanks for the suggestion, what a shame that hold music and transfer music are tied together :(.

7. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

when will you fix this so that we can replace wav file normaly like we did in previous versions just by replacing the file inside management console?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.