• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Digital receptionist slow to answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

roth

Reaction score
Hi

We make wide use of the digital receptionist but on occasions it is very slow to answer, about 8 seconds. You can hear the call being picked up but the delay is before the digital receptionist speaks. Its almost like the system has to cache the recording back up in to memory as sometimes it answers immediately.

We also experience some similar delays in the voicemail prompts as well.

Is there a way to cache things to ensure prompt answering or are we missing some config somewhere?

We are running version 8 on w2008R2.

Hi,

Are you running your PBX with IIS or Abyss?
In the case of Abyss try the following:
http://www.3cx.com/forums/v9-very-long-delay-on-vm-response-fix-provided-16136.html

Hi,

we are running version 8 so its running on an iis 7 server as its windows 2008 R2.

I timed it today and the wait was 18 seconds, so any help would be much appreciated.

With the abyss suggestion above I thought I'd poke around and under c:\program files(x86)\3cxphonesystem\data\Ivr there is a file 3CXIvr.cfg which has the line "client.inet.cacheEntryExpTimeSec VXIInteger 86400" in it which I presume is an equivakent for IIS.

However it doesn't seem to honour it as we definitely get a long delay sometimes. For example I rang up and it answered immediately, 20 minutes later and there was a long delay. So it would seem the 24 hour cache is being ignored.

IIS isn't going to listen to that - for IIS, try my auto-pinger suggestion. Not optimal, but should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.