• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Digital Receptionist Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantalope

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from version 11 to version 12. All was working fine for about two days until, without warning, any calls to any of our Digital Receptionist (both from internal extensions and external) started receiving a "Cannot complete this call" message. Restarting the services did not work. Restarting the server did not work.

Reviewing the windows logs, there were errors popping up with the PostgreSQL database as shown here:
-------
The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
-------

Because this was a live system, I assumed the problem was a corrupt installation and reinstalled 3CX and restored the data from a backup. All appears to be working well now.

Sorry, but I don't have any logs to share. I wanted to put this out to see if anyone else may have had this type of experience.

Uninstall the 3cx software and load again using a backup, and post what are the results after trying that.

Thank you for the response.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 3CX, then restored the latest backup and the problem is fixed and 3CX appears to be working correctly...for over a week now.

Good deal glad that was a quick fix to get your pbx working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.