• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

digital receptionist

Status
Not open for further replies.

luiscarvalho

Reaction score
hi everyone,

I have successfully configured my 3cx phone system. however when someone rings back, the digital receptionist is not playing the recorded sound. The sound was recorded using the values from the manual - PCM, 8 kHz, 16 bit.

the call is coming in well, because when configured to go straight to the "ring group", it calls without any problems.

is this a limitition with the free version?

What type of operating system are you using? Does it work with the supplied default recordings?

Thank you for replying,

this is a windows small business server 2003. this server does not have a media player installed. not even a sound card. is that a requirement?

You most likely will need to install windows media player to get the proper encoder for WAV/MP3 files.

I believe windows media player is actually installed because when I clicked the wav file on the server itself, the windows media player came up with following error:

" windows player cannot play the file, because there is a problem with your sound device. there might not be a sound device installed in your computer... etc"

so I presume, I need to get a proper sound card to work on the server? Not someting I am very confortable to put on my servers. Any recommended?

Thanks.

not the case. just to make sure i installed windows server 2003 vanilla with extaly the same configuration and the digital receptionist plays. so someting must not happening on this specific server.

I am having the same problem....did you find a solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.