Digital Receptionist

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nextbgates95, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nextbgates95

Is there any way that the digital receptionist can dial a number when it answers the line? In this case the number 1.

p.s. i'm a newbie

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Sure almost - what does 1 do?
    In the DA config set the timeout to 1 (and have it go to whatever you want - ext, ring group, VM, another DA, or queue (if you have Enterprise).

Is that what you're looking to accomplish?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nextbgates95

the number 1 answers the phone. I have an Area 775 number with gizmo, which requires you to dial a 1 to take the call.

4. NRG

NRG

Bump for anyone who may have worked out Gizmo/Grandcentral.

5. Discovery Technology

I noticed this post in another forum which may get you thinking along the right track perhaps:

"I just configured my asterisk to send a DTMF 1 with a delay of 2 seconds for every incoming calls from GC forwarded to my Gizmo accounts. On my asterisk, I have dtmfmode=RFC2883 to handle the DTMF tones."

(I know you're not using asterisk however this may give you some ideas)

Otherwise, just thinking a little laterally here, seeing as the inbound call would be looking for the DTMF tone of the "1" key as it comes in, have you thought of recording a brief DTMF tone from the "1" key and then playing it at the start of the IVR menu? (with the suggested delay included)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. NRG

NRG

I saw that too, and it did get ne going ......

I thought of this path too, but I was not too sure if the DTMF tone would transfer properly. As a matter of fact, I already have a Main Greeting(DR) setup for it, I just would need to add the tone to it.

7. Discovery Technology

It would be interesting to see if it works - I would imagine that you would need a good quality recording of the DTMF tone though.

8. NRG

NRG

I think "Express Talk" softphone has DTMF tones in it's DIR, hang on let me go check.

9. NRG

NRG

Nope, I can't remember, but one of the tele apps has the tones in it's DIR. If I can get that, I can import it into a "CoolEdit" like program and fuse it with the Main Greeting, and I think that could work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.