Digital Receptionist

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nextbgates95, Jul 26, 2007.

1. nextbgates95

Is there any way that the digital receptionist can dial a number when it answers the line? In this case the number 1.

p.s. i'm a newbie

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Sure almost - what does 1 do?
    In the DA config set the timeout to 1 (and have it go to whatever you want - ext, ring group, VM, another DA, or queue (if you have Enterprise).

Is that what you're looking to accomplish?

3. nextbgates95

the number 1 answers the phone. I have an Area 775 number with gizmo, which requires you to dial a 1 to take the call.

4. NRG

NRG

Bump for anyone who may have worked out Gizmo/Grandcentral.

5. Discovery Technology

I noticed this post in another forum which may get you thinking along the right track perhaps:

"I just configured my asterisk to send a DTMF 1 with a delay of 2 seconds for every incoming calls from GC forwarded to my Gizmo accounts. On my asterisk, I have dtmfmode=RFC2883 to handle the DTMF tones."

(I know you're not using asterisk however this may give you some ideas)

Otherwise, just thinking a little laterally here, seeing as the inbound call would be looking for the DTMF tone of the "1" key as it comes in, have you thought of recording a brief DTMF tone from the "1" key and then playing it at the start of the IVR menu? (with the suggested delay included)

6. NRG

NRG

I saw that too, and it did get ne going ......

I thought of this path too, but I was not too sure if the DTMF tone would transfer properly. As a matter of fact, I already have a Main Greeting(DR) setup for it, I just would need to add the tone to it.

7. Discovery Technology

It would be interesting to see if it works - I would imagine that you would need a good quality recording of the DTMF tone though.

8. NRG

NRG

I think "Express Talk" softphone has DTMF tones in it's DIR, hang on let me go check.

9. NRG

NRG

Nope, I can't remember, but one of the tele apps has the tones in it's DIR. If I can get that, I can import it into a "CoolEdit" like program and fuse it with the Main Greeting, and I think that could work.