• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Digital Receptionist

Status
Not open for further replies.

malverd

Reaction score
Is there a way to set the number of rings before the Digital Receptionist answers?

Thanks

That could depend on where the call is coming from. Most customers want outside calls answered ASAP as there is no point in making people wait, unless you are truing to make them think you are really busy.

If it is coming in via a PSTN gateway then you "adjust" the time before the call is passed on to 3CX.

leejor said:
That could depend on where the call is coming from. Most customers want outside calls answered ASAP as there is no point in making people wait, unless you are truing to make them think you are really busy.

If it is coming in via a PSTN gateway then you "adjust" the time before the call is passed on to 3CX.

The phone rings one time before digital receptionist picks up. Shouldn't there be a setting in 3cx that allows phone to ring "x" number of times before answering. Much like a regular answering machine can be set to pick up after so many rings.

I want to be able to manually answer the phone and just having one ring is not enough.

you can go to the 3CX concsole click on extension status--->pick an extension--->pick forwarding rules tab--->at the very top first selection you can pick how many seconds a call rings before you send to digital receptionist. I like to have customers speak to a live person however if we're not in the office or able to get to the phone quick enough after the 15 seconds the call is not answered it will go to digitial receptionist. they can pick 1 for sales 2 service etc and if we are in the office and they pick one of thoses selections we can still hae time to get to a call without a customer just listening to a ring. Or if we are out it still gives the caller of an organization being larger than it is. I hope this helps you as it has been great for my company. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albert.f
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.