Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Digital Receptionist

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jjwerkman, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjwerkman

How can I let my end users know which choice is made in the DR? i.e. when I have a DR in another language, the end users must know which language is choosen so the greetings can be in that language.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Presumably when a caller dials in, they are presented with a DR that allows them to select the language of their choice. One way might be to have the selection point to a different grouping of extensions on a multi-extension capable phone. In other words, have one physical phone with 3 extensions established, say 111, 211 and 311 for language 1, language 2 and language 3 respectively. The downside to the approach is that if they are on extension in one language, then it is still possible that a DR could send a call to the same physical phone on a different extension which would cause the phone to ring.

Another alternative might be to explore custom ring tones such that a different tone is established for each.

You might also explore using DID numbers with naming rules up front to isolate the languages from the very beginning. What I am unsure of however is if the naming rule is carried throughout the call handling., but you might experiment and see.

3. jasit

jasit New Member

when the user selects the language, send them to a queue, label the queue the language acryonm, then in then general settings have the queue name proceed the callerid and it will show up on every inbound call

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.