Digital Receptionist

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wb9999, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wb9999

Hi

I am having a problem with 3CX.

I have 7 extensions set-up, all at different sites. I can call each extension perfectly.
    I have 4 external VOIP lines. If I set-up a line to route to a specific extension, incomming calls work perfectly.

If I set-up an incomming line to route to the digital reception, the relevant greeting plays. If the caller presses a number for a option the relevant extension rings. However, when the I pick up the extension I hear the greeting on the extension and the caller still hears the music on hold. This happens on all extensions - even an extension connected to the same router as the PBX PC.

I have checked, double checked and triple checked the firewall. All extensions are on a VPN so route directly to the PBX PC IP.

If anybody has any advice it would be greatly appeciated.

Wayne

2. wb9999

Matt,

Answers below:
    Version of 3CX: 6 RC1 and 5.1 (tried both on different computers)
    Phones: Problem occurs with both Linksys SPA941 and an ATA with an analogue phone
    I am using just one 3CX server

3. wb9999

That has no effect. Also, I have one extension set up to divert to an external mobile number if not answered after 30 seconds. The same thing happens with this - the caller still hears music on hold and the recipient hear the DR greeting.

4. wb9999

Hi Matt

All incomming calls are VOIP. No PSTN incoming.

As a temporary measure I have installed 3CX on a PC at another site, and this works (although no sound when calls divert to voicemail, but that's another issue). I would prefer to move the 3CX server back to the original PC but it's not usable with the current problem I am experiencing. The routers at the 2 sites are identical with the same port forwarding settings so I can't workout why it works at one site and not the other.

Wayne

5. raldridge

I have this same issue - any solution?

6. raldridge

Same issue for us with call queues - when you answer the call, the outside caller still hears the music and they never get connected to the inside phone.

7. wb9999

I finally resolved the problem myself after 7 days...

I uninstalled 3cx totally and installed from scratch (v6 final). Instead of restoring settings I set-up extensions, lines, groups and DR as new. It now works. For some reason, on 2 seperate machines, if I upgraded from a previous version I had the prolem.

8. raldridge

That doesn't help me as I installed a fresh install of the release version 6. It is running on Windows 2008 though.

9. raldridge

Thanks Matt, but for my testing, I am going directly to the queue. And if I test just going to the DR, the same problem occurs. I'm just testing one or the other right now and they both have the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.