Digital Receptionst issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SnelleEdje, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnelleEdje

Hi,

I made a Digital Receptionist (8003) that I want to use when a Ring group (8000) does not answer a call. The Digital Receptionist gives you a choice to be forwarded to a mobile number or to voicemail. When I dial 8003 from a "local phone" all goes well!

When I dial my incoming number from an "external phone"(mobile), ring group (8000) is called and It forwards me to Digital Receptionist (8003), because of no answer, as expected.
    When I now make the choice to be forwarded to a mobile phone (another one of course), the script forwards me but the call cannot be made. The logfile says "target not available".

Flow: Extern call -> ring group 8000 -> no answer goto -> digital receptionist 8003-> Choice 1 -> goto another ring group (with a fake extension) that forwards the call to a mobile phone if the call goes unanswered. Calls to the last ring group always go unanswered because the fake extension will never log in. That's exactly what I want in this case.

One last remark, the call coming in goes via another voip provider than the one I use for calling out.

I work with the free version of 3CX, is this a limitation or did I do something wrong?

Regards,
    Edwin.

2. SnelleEdje

Well, after LOTS of testing and debugging I found my beginners fault. :oops:

Making the right choice in the Digital Receptionist I would dial a mobile phone number in international format (0031..). That would trigger an outbound rule -that would only work for calls from a group of given extensions-.
    In my case, a call from outside would never find a valid outbound rule.
    Learning a lot these days...

Regards,
    Edwin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.