Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Digital Receptionst issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SnelleEdje, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnelleEdje

Hi,

I made a Digital Receptionist (8003) that I want to use when a Ring group (8000) does not answer a call. The Digital Receptionist gives you a choice to be forwarded to a mobile number or to voicemail. When I dial 8003 from a "local phone" all goes well!

When I dial my incoming number from an "external phone"(mobile), ring group (8000) is called and It forwards me to Digital Receptionist (8003), because of no answer, as expected.
    When I now make the choice to be forwarded to a mobile phone (another one of course), the script forwards me but the call cannot be made. The logfile says "target not available".

Flow: Extern call -> ring group 8000 -> no answer goto -> digital receptionist 8003-> Choice 1 -> goto another ring group (with a fake extension) that forwards the call to a mobile phone if the call goes unanswered. Calls to the last ring group always go unanswered because the fake extension will never log in. That's exactly what I want in this case.

One last remark, the call coming in goes via another voip provider than the one I use for calling out.

I work with the free version of 3CX, is this a limitation or did I do something wrong?

Regards,
    Edwin.

2. SnelleEdje

Well, after LOTS of testing and debugging I found my beginners fault. :oops:

Making the right choice in the Digital Receptionist I would dial a mobile phone number in international format (0031..). That would trigger an outbound rule -that would only work for calls from a group of given extensions-.
    In my case, a call from outside would never find a valid outbound rule.
    Learning a lot these days...

Regards,
    Edwin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.