• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Digium Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProudCanadian

Free User
Reaction score
Has anyone used a Digium gateway with 3CX? Any feedback?

Their G200 model looks amazing for transitioning from our Nortel system over to 3CX slowly, but I have been told I should look at a Patton 4970.

Attachments

• legacy-pbx-to-ippbx-gateway-diagram.png
    legacy-pbx-to-ippbx-gateway-diagram.png
    29 KB · Views: 7
Hi ProudCanadian,

100% go with the Patton, you are going to have no chance of getting support for Digium products with 3CX.

The Patton 4970 could be an option however depending on your setup you might require one of the gateways with the high precision clock so please provide more information reference how you are handling the migration.

https://www.patton.com/voipnews/v1n1/high-precision-smartnodes.asp

The high precision clock models might be used for example in a scenario where you are migrating a system and not retaining any ISDN connections, you would then use a model with high-precision clock so it can provide the clocking to a legacy PBX.

If at least one Telco ISDN connection is retained then you don't require the high-precision model but these models do have an extra port also which gives you flexibility in a scenario when you are connecting a legacy PBX to SIP trunking whilst retaining one Telco ISDN connection for failover and clocking.

Let me know more detail and I can provide you with the best model.

Last edited:
Agreed, unlikely you will get any support with Digium/3CX

We have used both Patton and BeroNet with good success. Prefer BeroNet as they are easier to configure and work with.

Reactions: eddv123
Also dinstar.com, nevertheless Dinstar is not officially supported gateway. There are guides how to configure them to work with 3CX on their site.

End goal is going to be to have a ISDN connection feeding into 3CX via a gateway, having the ability to slowly migrate over between now and then would be nice but isn't a dealbreaker.

Hi ProudCanadian,

If it is just simply an ISDN line converting into SIP for 3CX then as you have already stated the SN4970 range will work perfectly fine:

SN4970/1E15V/EUI + 15 channels
SN4970/4E30V/EUI
SN4970/4E30V120VR/EUI

The SN4971 is the high precision clock variant.

(high precision clock)
SN4971/1E15V/EUI + 15 channels
SN4971/4E30V/EUI
SN4971/4E30V120VR/EUI

If you want to transition slowly and migrate from one system to the other then you would need a model with multiple PRI ports so High precision clock version is required.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.