direct dial in and out

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by erez, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erez

Hi,

I am using 3CX as a sip proxy server, for my Office PBX.
    I had two oif the NCP extensuion connected to the 3CXm and twi iphones clients to connect to the 3cx

My current problem or shoul I say inconvinience is that I need to dial 9 from my iphone to access the other extensions on my office PBX and another 9 to dial outside calls from that PBX.

Is there a way to configure the 3cx extensuon to dial an outside number (in my case the old pbx) without the "9"? I am clear that this would prevent direct dialing between the 3cx extensuions but this would be handled by the old pbx.

Thanks

Erez

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

The answer is YES.
    Have a look at administrator's guide first and create outbound rules to suite you (insert necessary digits).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. erez

Thanks; I have succesfuly done that. Hope this would not be considered as rude or inappropriate but I have asked another question regarding prioritizing thes outbound rules as a new topic, newbieslike my self considered.

Much Obliged

Erez

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Outbound rules are executed in order first to last until a match is found. Further rules are ignored. Hope this helps.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.