• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Direct Inward System Access / Redirect IVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegillespie

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been trying to integrate a Cisco UCM to a 3CX. The 3CX has all of the SIP trunks to the outside world connected on it. We have setup a generic trunk between the 3CX and the CUCM. The 3CX can dial all extensions on the CUCM, however, CUCM can only dial to the 3CX if there is a DID. That means there is no way for the CUCM to access the external trunks registered to the 3CX.
Is there a way using the inbuilt call features of 3CX or the VAD to have an IVR that extensions on the CUCM can dial and be prompted to enter a phone number or extension they wish to call? The 3CX would have to prompt the caller, collect the digits dialed, and route the call to the appropriate destination.
I can redirect this way on PBX's i am more familiar with, however, I am not aware of how to collect digits and pass them off within 3CX this way.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

It is unfortunate that there is no in-built DISA functionality, it has been requested in the past, but I guess the demand is not enough to justify. I created a DISA workaround using a SPA-3102 where the FXO was registered as an extension, this in turn was plugged into the FXS port which went back to the PBX as another extension. This allows a call to an extension (or be directed to it in an IVR), get dial-tone, dial a number, and have it go out as if it originated from the second extension number. The 3102 has both Caller ID and PIN security to allow or block calls. I realise that this device has now been discontinued (unfortunately), but you might be able to come up with something similar using a gateway back into an ATA.

Last edited:
There is a sample dialer in VAD for V14, which will do the job, but not for V15

Thanks Guy,
Unfortunately, the 3102 is not an option since they are using only SIP trunks and they are on V15. Is there no VAD on V15?

As I recall, Patton has some 2 FXO/2FXS devices. If the FXO portion can register as extensions, you might be able to accomplish the same thing as using a 3102. Of course it would be a lot less expensive if you already had a unit to "play" with.

Thanks. I see the value in doing this, however, I don't feel this client will accept it. They need a prompt to dial from.

The prompt would be dialtone they would receive after dialling the "access code", which would send the initial call over to a DID number on 3CX.

UMC --> 3CXDID-->FXO-(two wire connection)->ATA-->3CX trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.