Direct Inward System Access

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Archie Frederic, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archie Frederic

Hi guys!

I was wondering on how do I create DISA using the call flow diagram. Is there specific instruction to do this? Thanks!

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Archie Frederic,

First, you can use User Input components to ask the caller for credentials, and you can validate these credentials using the 3CX Call Control API, checking the Extension properties. You can use for example Extension.VMPIN to validate the caller using the voice mail PIN.

Once validated, you can use another User Input component to ask for a phone number, and then transfer the call to that phone number.

Here you have many examples to start off with the CFD:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/call-flow-designer-examples/

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Archie Frederic

Hi @edossantos

Is this possible?

I will have a list of numbers in a database that when matched from a caller, I would play an interactive voice response that would say "Please enter your destination number" then give it a way to call outside or on the local extension within the network? Thanks!

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Archie Frederic,

Yes, you can do it. Here you have an example on how to query a database from a CFD app:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/cfd-accessing-database/

The caller number is available in the "session.ani" variable. You can use that to validate against the database. Then, if the number is validated, you can use a User Input component to ask for the number, and finally a Transfer component to transfer the call to the internal or external number entered by the caller via DTMF.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.