Direct SIP call Handling problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LiscardGP, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiscardGP

Hi

Background.

I am using 3 CX mini edition
    I have set up Direct SIP to my PBX
    Calls are forwarded to my sip address from a company called TTNC. They provide land line number and que calls only forwarding no more than two at a time (I have two call handlers).
    Calls are sent to a dummy extension 7777. From there they are forwarded, after 1 second delay, to a group which rings all phones in the group

This almost works perfectly except for the following problem:

When we have a call in progress (call 1), and another waiting to be answered (call 2), when call 1 ends before call 2 is answered the extension that took call 1 does not rejoin the ring group .

If we only have one call in progress, and nothing waiting, then the call ends normally.

If we have two calls in progress (i.e. none waiting to be answered) then the calls end normally.

With exception of this minor problem we seem to be almost to have sorted it out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I enclose the log at a time problem occurred.

Thanks in advance for any help

Thanks

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LiscardGP

Hi

Does anyone know how to remove the above spam message?

UPDATE

Thanks to whoever removed SPAM

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I believe that if a member of a ring group ends a call while another is ringing, they will not receive that call as their set was busy when the call first came in.

The ways "around" this are...

Have enough agents

Have a second appearance of the extension on the set so that it will ring and can then be answered when the first call is ended.

Use a Queue rather than a ring group.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

By design, ring group does not provide "call waiting". It tries to reach each member only once. If member was not available at the time when ring group has tried to call her/him then this member not be able to answer the call.

5. LiscardGP

Thanks for the advice.

I will try forwarding calls to a queue.

6. LiscardGP

Have been forwarding direct SIP calls into queue for last 12 hours.

Works a treat.

Thanks for the help :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.