Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Direct SIP Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eryde, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eryde

Hi All,

I am having a problem with Direct SIP Calls configuration. I am using version 8.0.10116.583 (Free) and per the Wiki instructions I have setup my SRV records correctly but have the following questions/issues.

1.) Under Extension | Other | SIP ID I can only enter numeric digits but the Wiki says I can use alphanumeric digits
    2.) Is there any way to configure multiple domains for Direct SIP calls?

Thank you in advance...
    Eric

2. eryde

Hi,

Can anyone help with this. I have a customer evaluating 3cx for use in their business and if they cannot get these issues resolved we will have to look elsewhere most likely Asterisk but they really like the fact that 3CX is Windows based.

Cheers Eric

3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

1. I have checked this out just in case but I have not had an issues entering alphanumeric digits. Could you please explain further the issue you are having.

2. At this time you cannot configure multiple domains. Kindly post a feature request in the feature request section of the forums.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. eryde

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply. I have double checked this and I have a correction to my issue. Seems that I can use alphanumeric but not alfa only (i.e. eric200 works but not eric)

The customer wishes to use alfa only to resemble email addressing.

Cheers Eric

5. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi Eric,

Ive also tried that out to make sure and you can without any issues ( also tried using eric). Kindly explain what issue you are having a maybe post a screen shot of what happens when you try and set it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. eryde

Hi Mark,

When I change the value in the field SIP ID from a numeric to alfa (i.e. 200 to eric) and click APPLY the field is highlighted in red and I get a pop-up stating "Please enter valid values for SIP ID".

Just tried something else... If I use "john" for the SIP ID it is accepted. Which leads me to believe it is an issue with uniqueness. However I have looked at the other 3 extensions and they are all set to unique numeric values (i.e. 100, 200, 300). Could this be a conflict elsewhere?

Cheers Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.