Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

direct sip Incoming call rejected, caller is unknown

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by earthware, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earthware

I have tried to setup direct sip on 3cx free version as follows:

1) added my external url to settings>advanced>local sip domain. This resolves to my 3cx servers public ip and has all the firewall ports open as required. Also checked 'allow calls from/to external sip"

2) Have created an extension that works fine internally and set the SIP ID in the "other" tab for that extension

3) If I now call the real telephone number I get a message saying "call cannot be connected" and the 3cx activity log shows this:

[CM503013]: Call(C:6): Incoming call rejected, caller is unknown; msg=INVITE sip:XXX@XXX SIP/2.0

Ive replace my extensions sip id and external url with XXXs but these exactly match what I have used in the steps above so I dont know why these are being rejected?

I can see when by 3cx softphone registers its registers 11@192.168.11.139 which is my 3cx servers lan address, is this the problem, I dont see why it would be as surely thats the point of steps 1 and 2 to resolve a SIP ID and SIP domain to the local extensions?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Because you've X'd out some of the information (understandable), it makes it hard to tell what is going on.
    You've added your URL in the SIP domain settings, which allow extensions and others to not have to use your public IP, which is good.
    But, I'm not clear on what you are dialling, or from (a provider?) to reach the PBX. If it is a provider that takes a real number and then sends it as a SIP call, such as IPKall, then you may need to define what IP those numbers are going to be coming from. a trunk group. With out some sort of security, you leave yourself open to hackers. I have a feeling that you are running up against the built in security features.

The registration sound like it is fine. Are you attempting to receive the calls on this extension? Don't forget, it says "caller" is unknown (it doesn't trust the originating IP), not the "called extension" is unknown.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This might be of some help...
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/help-setting-up-inbound-direct-sip-calls-22065.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.