Direct SIP outbound call from VAD

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by njfrost, Feb 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njfrost

Hi,
    I have a VAD call handling application, which now needs to send/receive call via direct SIP.

I have no problem receiving calls in this way, but I need to be able to transfer out to a customer's customer services PBX. Does anyone have any clever ideas how I can call out with Direct SIP from the VAD? It would need to cope with 10+ simultaneous calls.

I can achieve this from a physical IP phone by creating a contact "test@domain.com" and calling manually, but can't see how to apply this to my case.

Thanks

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there!

From the VAD you can only transfer to 3CX extensions. What you can do is creating a dummy extension, configure forwarding rules for that extension, and then transfer to that extension.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards.
    Ernesto.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. njfrost

But as I understand it, you cannot do a direct SIP call from a forwarding rule, because it tries to do a conventional "outbound rule" call.

Could it be done through the API I wonder?

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I'm not sure, you should try the 3CX Call Control API to make the call and check if it works...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.