Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Directly transfer a call to voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ChrisPriest, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisPriest

Hi All,

Wonder if someone can shed any light on this one.

We have a receptionist who handles calls coming into our main number, if she gets someone who wants to talk to an employee, she'll press Xfer, call the employee and ask them if they want to speak to the caller, if they do, great hang up and call is transferred, problem comes when the employee doesn't want to speak to the caller, how can the receptionist dump the call direct to the employees voicemail box?

Something like Express Messaging on our old Meridian System?

Best Regards
    Chris

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

if you can dial the number then you can transfer to this number...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sounds like it would require a feature that allows a prefix digit + extension number so a call can go directly into the mailbox. If you didn't want to talk to the person at extension 201, you could dial, for example, 7201 and reach the persons voicemail directly. If this isn't possible, and I suspect it's not, then it sounds like a feature request.

4. ChrisPriest

SY: Yes you can, but it's more a case of in the person in question does not want to speak to the caller now, you need a way of sending the caller direct to the person's voicemail.

Leejor: Yep, thats exactly it, I'm having a tinker with the API at the mo to see if I can do it via that and the DivertCall API since that seems to allow you to pass a ringing call direct to a VM box of an extension, but not sure if it'll work on an Active Connected call.

Will let you know :)

Cheers for the replies,
    Chris

5. ChrisPriest

Never mind, found it, *4<ext> will transfer to voicemail :)

Cheers
    Chris

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

My apologies, I didn't specify it in my post :oops:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed that. I've never used the feature myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.