DISA

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sanketgroup, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanketgroup

Hi
    how do i setup DISA in 3CX.

Caller calls to line connected in 3CX and gets the dialtone, then callers dials out using other line of 3CX.

Thanks
    sanket

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

DISA is not supported in the manner as you have described. However, an outside call is possible from within Voice mail. An extension owner accesses their voice mail and, if enabled, can then call an external number from there. This requires an enable of the custom parameter VMDIALOUTENABLED (set to 1) in the advanced settings. This is V11.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've done a "work around" using a PSTN line (yes, it means you have to use a PSTN line) connected to the FXO port of a SPA3102. The VoIP side is then registered to a 3CX extension, with (probably) a "somewhat restricted" set of outbound rules. The 3102 has the optin of using caller ID or PIN screening, of callers, to prevent unauthorised access.

Of course this is limited to one call at a time, but it does a good job of simulating a DISA trunk.

4. sanketgroup

yea, u have used 3102 for DISA, but it does not provide good quality of audio.
    Hope 3CX will develop DISA in upcoming version.

Thanx

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't had any problems with the audio. It is not the best solution, obviously, a true DISA port world be preferable, but, I put in a feature request two years ago http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/ideas/search?query=disa and it has yet to appear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.