Disable ability to start and stop recordings

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Daniel Jaskulski Jr, Oct 12, 2017.

Disable ability to start and stop recordings 5 5 20votes
5/5, 20 votes

1. Daniel Jaskulski Jr

I really need the ability to, on a user by user basis, turn off the ability for them to stop and restart recordings. If a company wants all calls recorded for quality assurance purposes or whatever they do not want the user to be able to stop the recording whenever they want using the 3CXPhone app or Mobile app.

uit, opden, JCLloyd and 2 others like this.
  2. Philip Darnell

Philip Darnell New Member

I agree, I have an install that has 3 users that need the ability to pause recordings but the rest we don't want to be able too, for now we've had to just hope they don't realise they can pause a recording.

JCLloyd and Techno2018 like this.
  3. D Bedford

After updating our 3CX client, our users have noticed the Call Record button is now blue for all calls (as they are being recorded by default). They are able to pause recording and it seems that we are unable to stop them, or even tell that they are doing it - the only way I've found so far to determine whether a recording was paused is to retrieve the Call History in 3CX and look at the duration, and then at the recording file duration.

Being able to lock it down so that our users cannot pause recording is essential. I'm going to add my voice to the call for this.

4. uit

uit

I support this request as well. If it is scheduled we need to know when it will be available.

Techno2018 likes this.
  5. Heinrich Hanekom

Anybody had any luck with this? Having some problem here, and by South African law agents are not allowed to stop recordings.

6. DL_

DL_

For me I would like an optional beep if the recording is paused just so that we know if information may be missing - the recording pause is so good it is difficult to tell it has been activated.

#6 DL_, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    JCLloyd and D Bedford like this.
  7. paurus

+10

8. PaulD

+1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. nitrox

here the same. We need it as well.

10. Techno2018

We really need the ability to on a user by user basis turn off the ability for them to stop and restart recordings.

+1!

#10 Techno2018, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    JCLloyd likes this.
  11. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

3CX, please allow administrative controls on disabling the audible recording functionality provided in 3CX.

When a company offers this functionality to the employee, the company assumes liability for any damage this functionality may be responsible for. The employee puts the company at risk of being sued. If an employee insists on recording enough to bring in a recorder or load software against company policy, the liability shifts to the employee. In the United States, it would save a lot of legal issues to just allow us to disable it.
    - Reference:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_recording_laws#United_States

Companies need to audit their systems for unauthorized program installations, including malware. I do that, and I am sure many 3CX users also do. Give us responsible administrators the ability to minimize the legal liability this option imposes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    outlaw and Techno2018 like this.
  12. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

In the US, we are required to have a periodic beep in the recording, to announce to the others that the call is being recorded. The other option is to announce at the very beginning of the call that it is being recorded.

RogerS likes this.
  13. Heinrich Hanekom

Techno2018 likes this.
  14. marcolagoa

In Brasil, the Governament required the record the voice in Customer Service, I had a big problem with the customer.