Disable auto-start

Discussion in 'Windows' started by fonewiz, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonewiz

Is there an option to set 3CX Softphone for Windows to NOT auto-start with Windows? If so, where? I don't use it normally but want to leave it installed for testing. Each time I start Windows I have to manually close the app. I have looked everywhere but can't find an option to turn off auto-start with Windows. I can disable it in the OS but I wondered if there was an easier way within the app so I don't have to walk users through disabling in the OS if they also don't want it to auto-start. Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I installed one, but I seem to recall that it was an option that you were offered during the install process.

On the version I have on one computer (6.0.xxxxxx), if you click on the "button" centre bottom it will open icons, select Preferences, under Behavior (on the right) you will see a check box for Automatically start at windows logon, uncheck that.

3. fonewiz

It's not under behavior or anywhere else I can find. I will try uninstalling and re-installing to see if the option comes up at install time.

Thanks.

4. positron

3CX Phone is added to the legacy Windows "startup" group.

You can delete it from the Startup group in the Programs list (Windows 7 or earlier) or directly from
    "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. fonewiz

I did the uninstall and re-install and I can confirm that at no point does the installer ask you if you want to auto-start the soft-phone. It seems that this checkbox under behavior existed at one point and not sure why it was removed. It makes sense that people may want to have it installed for example on a laptop that they travel with but not want to use it or hassle with it every time they boot up the laptop.

I did remove it from the Windows startup and knew I could do that, just wondered if there was an option in the software to do the same.

Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.