Disable/Break MyPhone Chat System Wide

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by semose, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semose

I'm quite shocked to find there is currently no way to disable MyPhone's chat feature system wide (please correct me if I am wrong). Has anyone found a work around? Any way to "break" chat so it doesn't work? For example, if chat was isolated to a specific port, I could simply block that port on the 3CX server (if chat is relayed through the server) or create a GPO to disable the port on each desktop. Just looked at the port list, and this doesn't seem to be the case, but I'll leave it as an example.

I really want to give MyPhone to my users, as they are heavily reliant on voice mails, but the boss doesn't want them wasting time IM'ing each other all day. I can only assume this is a common attitude, and am absolutely in disbelief that I can't disable it system wide with a simple check box.

2. gschwab

gschwab New Member

I can't imagine that it would be a "common attitude" really, people can come up with a million ways to waste time if they are so inclined and I really doubt that disabling the chat feature on myphone will have any major effect on that reality. If the employees ARE in fact so inclined your boss likely has far greater issues to worry about than the chat feature in a phone system.....just my opinion anyway ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.