• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Disable Caller ID on certain SNOM phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

unoa

Reaction score
Hello,

90% of our phones connected to our 3cX PBX are SNOM phones. I've got a question form my manager which I actually am not able to answer, probably because there is no solution for his question. But, I’d like people here to help me confirm my answer.

We have a support/Servicedesk with 4 people on it on regular days. Now it seems 3 out of 4 people look at the number / Display name before they pickup. If they see a name of one of our customers who always ask pain in the ass questions they leave the call for someone else.

My manager would like to disable the display number / name function on these Servicedesk SNOM 370 phones, BUT he wants the Display number/name feature to be still available on the other non Servicedesk phones.

So, I think this can only be done by doing it separately on the phones using a different template. The problem however, I cannot find a function on the snom phones to disable number and/or name displaying (caller ID).

I've done my research but cannot find a 100% satisfying answer for this, maybe people can confirm my conclusion that this is NOT possible, or people have some nice ideas which I could try :).

The majority (all?) devices that incorporate call display expect that you will want to use it, that why you don't have a non-display set, right? I would not be surprised if there was no way to disable it. You could add the caller to the 3CX Phone book to change the callers name to something more generic, of course the number would still show.

Fire the next person who doesn't answer a call. That usually fixes the issue for the rest of the people that do the same behavior.

KerryG said:
Fire the next person who doesn't answer a call. That usually fixes the issue for the rest of the people that do the same behavior.

Exactly, thats what we decided :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.