In Progress Disable Chat - IN PROGRESS

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by creative3, Sep 29, 2015.

In Progress Disable Chat - IN PROGRESS 5 5 32votes
5/5, 32 votes

1. creative3

Add the ability to disable chat from management.

Maciej likes this.
  2. Lawrenceb

Re: Disable Chat

From a data security perspective this is something that can prevent the deployment of the softphone as there doesn't seem to be a way to monitor or log IMs to audit whether confidential information is being shared between users

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

If we include monitoring, would we still want to be able to disable chat?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely. There are too many industries that either need the Chat function monitored and/or disabled due to compliance reasons. To be honest, ANY feature beyond basic telephony integrated into 3CX needs to have the capacity of being totally managed and/or disabled or it brings the risk of lost sales do to the same potential compliance issues.

TSlocum likes this.
  5. amason

Nick,
    I'm currently considering 3CX and am extremely impressed by all of its features, but this issue is a deal breaker for my company (financial services).

Without either a server based log for auditing (preferable) or a method of globally disabling chat, we'd have to pass on 3CX.

From researching this issue, it seems to go back a few years. If there was a commitment to provide either of the aforementioned solutions, I'd even wait for the fix just so I could implement 3CX.
    Thanks,

Andrew

6. Derrick Gould

While we like chat at our company, it's been requested by management to disable group chat. It would be nice if this was a control to allow only certain users to be able to create a group chat or standard chat. It would allow the flexibility to adjust as allowed per user.

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We have decided to add the following chat features to the next version (could be SP1 if we are limited on time):

a. Ability to disable chat globally or per user
    b. Ability to monitor chats centrally (user must be notified)
    c. Improved notification for chats in the client

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Paul Omans likes this.
  8. r.towle

Why would a user need to be notified if you were monitoring their conversation?

Surely in a security context if user 'A' was disrespecting user 'B' to a user 'C' - surely the conversation should be monitored "silently" and then dealt with in private? rather than user 'A' and 'C' being informed their conversation is being monitored?

In a call centre environment - management would just "live listen in" to calls with no warning to the agent or customer - surely this could be the same setup?

9. ericosborn09

Has this been implemented? Could really use the ability to disable chat.

10. andrea.soc

fantastic!!
    great work

11. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Is this planned for next release cycle?

12. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

It says next version ... so my guess is whenever v15 is released or v15 SP1.

13. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

This is absolutely essential. I'm struggling with v15 because it breaks the DND function on my Cisco SPA phones, and it seems the only solution is the softphone. But, I can't deploy the softphone at all at my company until we can disable the switchboard entirely.

I've reverted to v14 at one location and I'm considering it at another because of my DND problems, which 3CX is unwilling to help with, by the way. 3CX seems almost hostile to suggestions or obscure bug reports.

14. sexy-trousers

Ideally you should be able to disable major sections/functionality embedded in the client - Chat, Web Meeting, Switchboard and even Conferencing...

TJ

15. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Absolutely. It's basic security/permissions, that nearly all enterprise level software has.

16. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You can already disable Webmeeting, Conferencing and Switchboard for users. We just have to update it for chat and its on the way, in fact we want to make a major upgrade to chat.

17. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

How do you disable these things?

18. rayfield

rayfield New Member

I would also like to know how to disable the Switchboard for users of 3CXPhone for Windows. I've been unable to find a way to do that.

19. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

20. ralph.duplessis7

Has there been any development made with disabling/monitoring the chat function?