Disable CMD+3 from OSX

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by claude_sp, Nov 3, 2016.

Disable CMD+3 from OSX 5 5 5votes
5/5, 5 votes

1. claude_sp

Please allow mac users the ability to disable the shortcut. I can see how it could be useful, but it is very intrusive.

It's very annoying that I can't switch tabs to my 3rd tab on chrome or safari or switch to my 3rd group in Slack, etc...because the cmd+3 hotkey has been hard coded.

This, honestly, is almost virus like in it's activity, please fix!

2. alpha17

Hi,

Us OSX users should join forces! Please vote for my post too so we can get our point across!

ESudan likes this.
  3. keithcurtis

I've posted this annoyance elsewhere. Command 3 is used in a a host of Mac OS applications for some very basic functions. The fact that this is hard-coded to such a common command is extremely annoying.

In the Finder, it changes to column view
    In Photoshop, it previews the second color channel
    In Illustrator, it Hides an object.

Although in some cases, these commands can be changed, they are thematically linked. Command-2,3,4,and 5 in Photoshop cycles through all the channels. In the Finder, Command 1, 2, 3, and 4 cycles through all the views. Changing one of these would require changing a whole suite of related keys. And for those of us who work on multiple computers (some of which do not have 3CX installed), requires shifting between key sets constantly.

4. keithcurtis

5. Onbeskofte

I upvoted all 3 of them. I really hope they just make a MacOS based client instead of copying the windows client and fix up a few things so it works.. The cmd+3 hardcoded is veerrryyy annoying..

ESudan likes this.
  6. keithcurtis

Thanks Onbeskofte! After over a year of silence on this issue, however, I don't foresee any action being taken by 3CX anytime soon.

ESudan likes this.
  7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The ability to change from CMD-3 to anything else will be available in the 3CX PhoneSystem V15.5 SP2.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. keithcurtis

Thanks! That's great news!