Disable DID behavior on SIP trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ckatterl, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckatterl

Dear all,

is it possible to disable the did-behavior on a sip trunk to automatically allow incoming calls directly to the extension? I mean..without creating the did and the corresponding incoming rule?

BR, Christian

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @ckatterl

Not sure i understand the question...can you elaborate on what you are trying to accomplish?

3. ckatterl

As far as i understand, i have to create a DID (on the incoming SIP-trunk) and an incoming rule for each extension, which should be reachable directly from external.
    Is there a way to bypass this and make every extension reachable from external automatically?

If i do not create did/incoming rule for the extensions, i will land at the destination of the main sip-trunk number, which is usually the reception.

BR, Christian

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Short answer is no there isn't. The PBX needs to know where each number needs to be routed. This is done via the inbound rules. If inbound rules do not exist all calls will be routed to the main trunk number destination as you said.

5. ckatterl

OK - and it's not a rule to say "route incoming calls to their respecitve extension"? It's defined, how many digits the extensions must have (for example 4) - so the last digits would be the destination extension

6. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@ckatterl

It sounds like you just want all calls to ring all extensions without setting up inbound routes. So make a ring group containing all phones, and then make the ring group the default trunk destination.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ckatterl

I am not yet sure ;-)
    I don't want all 250 phones to ring..but only the one, called

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You want calls to automatically route to the extension that matches the last X number of digits of the DID by using a very simple "rule". Correct?

9. ckatterl

Yes, exactly.
    For example. Our Main-Number is +43 121212 and the extensions are 4 digits.
    When someone calls +43 121212 2511 - it should automatically route to ext. 2511, when someone calls +43 121212 4110 it should automatically route to ext. 4110 and so on.

It would be nice, if I would not have to create an incoming rule for every extension to allow this. In our case, every extension should be reachable directly.

BR, Christian

10. Jazz Oberoi

+1 We'd like something similar if possibe,

We too get a seperate DID for each extension where the last 4 digits are also the internal extension number.

11. ckatterl

My "dream" is to have the possibility to select a range for extensions, where this is possible. The rest (not selected range) should route to the main trunk number, if no other inbound rule is specified. But i think right now, that's not possible...

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sounds like you may need to submit a "feature suggestion" in the Ideas forum.

13. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.