• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Disable DID behavior on SIP trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckatterl

Forum User
Reaction score
Dear all,

is it possible to disable the did-behavior on a sip trunk to automatically allow incoming calls directly to the extension? I mean..without creating the did and the corresponding incoming rule?

BR, Christian

Hello @ckatterl

Not sure i understand the question...can you elaborate on what you are trying to accomplish?

As far as i understand, i have to create a DID (on the incoming SIP-trunk) and an incoming rule for each extension, which should be reachable directly from external.
Is there a way to bypass this and make every extension reachable from external automatically?

If i do not create did/incoming rule for the extensions, i will land at the destination of the main sip-trunk number, which is usually the reception.

BR, Christian

Short answer is no there isn't. The PBX needs to know where each number needs to be routed. This is done via the inbound rules. If inbound rules do not exist all calls will be routed to the main trunk number destination as you said.

OK - and it's not a rule to say "route incoming calls to their respecitve extension"? It's defined, how many digits the extensions must have (for example 4) - so the last digits would be the destination extension

@ckatterl

It sounds like you just want all calls to ring all extensions without setting up inbound routes. So make a ring group containing all phones, and then make the ring group the default trunk destination.

I am not yet sure ;-)
I don't want all 250 phones to ring..but only the one, called

You want calls to automatically route to the extension that matches the last X number of digits of the DID by using a very simple "rule". Correct?

Yes, exactly.
For example. Our Main-Number is +43 121212 and the extensions are 4 digits.
When someone calls +43 121212 2511 - it should automatically route to ext. 2511, when someone calls +43 121212 4110 it should automatically route to ext. 4110 and so on.

It would be nice, if I would not have to create an incoming rule for every extension to allow this. In our case, every extension should be reachable directly.

BR, Christian

+1 We'd like something similar if possibe,

We too get a seperate DID for each extension where the last 4 digits are also the internal extension number.

My "dream" is to have the possibility to select a range for extensions, where this is possible. The rest (not selected range) should route to the main trunk number, if no other inbound rule is specified. But i think right now, that's not possible...

Sounds like you may need to submit a "feature suggestion" in the Ideas forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.