• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Disable DND feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcolpitts

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Is there any way to disable the DND feature by extension? We have a few phones where they accidentally hit DND on occasion, and complain about not getting calls. Is there a way through 3cx to either ignore DND, or just not allow the phone to go into DND in the first place? The best I could find is a possibility (which wasn't confirmed) of being able to do it through custom provisioning templates. I'd like to avoid that, if possible.

We use Yealink T46/T48 phones.

Reactions: Ayia Napa George
Hello @Dcolpitts

Please note that this is not possible at the moment as you cannot disable DND from the PBX and the phones are using CSTA to communicate to the PBX. If you would like to try a custom template please follow the guide below and keep in mind that if you face any issues you will be asked to revert to the default templates. https://www.3cx.com/docs/custom-ip-phone-templates/
I would recommend posting this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

So has the ability to disable DND on the phones been added yet? I see a lot users have been asking for it and lets be honest, its fairly fundamental and a very reasonable request from an admin perspective. If you could advise I'd appreciate it - its very much needed here.

Thanks.

Please note that this is not possible at the moment as you cannot disable DND from the PBX and the phones are using CSTA to communicate to the PBX. If you would like to try a custom template please follow the guide below and keep in mind that if you face any issues you will be asked to revert to the default templates. https://www.3cx.com/docs/custom-ip-phone-templates/
I would recommend posting this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Glad i could help

Glad i could help

Unless you've forgot to post I don't see where you've helped or answered my question. So can I disable the DND feature using the admin console? If so, can you send me a link to the instructions.

If not......shocking.

Thanks.

Unless you've forgot to post I don't see where you've helped or answered my question. So can I disable the DND feature using the admin console? If so, can you send me a link to the instructions.

If not......shocking.
I do apologise for the confusion but when you quote something and i see my username on top i do not read the contact carefully as i think i wrote it. I hope now the conversation makes more sense. Answer is still the same though. DND cannot be disabled through the management console.

So has the ability to disable DND on the phones been added yet? I see a lot users have been asking for it and lets be honest, its fairly fundamental and a very reasonable request from an admin perspective. If you could advise I'd appreciate it - its very much needed here.

Thanks.

No they did not add that ability in the last two weeks :). Unfortunately this is going to have to go into the ideas section where it may languish for a while.

If not......shocking.

Thanks.
Just custom template it out.

On a yealink setup, it's as simple as finding this:
programablekey.3.type =
programablekey.3.line =
programablekey.3.value =
programablekey.3.history_type =
programablekey.3.label =
programablekey.3.xml_phonebook =

change to this

programablekey.3.type = 33
programablekey.3.line = 1
programablekey.3.value =
programablekey.3.history_type =
programablekey.3.label = Status
programablekey.3.xml_phonebook =
(Now it's a status button)

Just custom template it out.

Hi SA, thanks for the solution. I'm new to 3CX in that I've not had much time to 'play'. I will however take a look at custom templates. Strange how this came from a user and not the support team.....but either way I'll take it.

Thanks again!

Hi SA, thanks for the solution. I'm new to 3CX in that I've not had much time to 'play'. I will however take a look at custom templates. Strange how this came from a user and not the support team.....but either way I'll take it.

Thanks again!

Confused on so many levels by this comment. The very first response was from @YiannisH_3CX who said a custom template could be used. Secondly, it clearly states that this forum is user to user and that 3CX does not provide technical support via this forum. Third, as stated in the first response that any issues you would be asked to revert to the stock template since their support only covers using the standard 3CX provisioned template

Yep, you are right. I guess I was just so disappointed that this was not standard functionality controlled via the admin console that I did not pay the initial response the appropriate attention. A mistake I'll not repeat. As a first time user of 3CX I've just been left a tad disappointed with the basic functions/controls that are not available - especially as the system I replaced was over 20yrs old.

Thanks again for your time and comments.

@Mark Gray

I'll have to take your word as to the ability to administratively disable DND. I'm not an old school phone guy so I don't know if they did it but I have been doing VoIP for about 11 years now and I frankly have never been asked to implement this or know of any system that does. That being said, I can see the benefit of having that feature. Unfortunately the path from here is the ideas forum which is supposedly driven by customer/partner input but as you can see from some age and relative popularity of some of those threads there are clearly other factors/drivers as far as what actually makes it into each release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.