• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented Disable email notification when backup is successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartek

Customer
Reaction score
Hi,

The title says it all ... with scheduled backups activated and multiple clients to manage, we are being bombarded with emails. We should have the option of only receiving emails when an error happens.

Upvote 91
I agree. Notifications are sent to 3 of us after I enabled a nightly backup schedule, but there is no reporting option in the Schedule or in Settings > Email. We're on the latest version 15.5.

3CX - please give us the option to notify on errors only!

Reactions: Daryl
Simple feature to implement ... but apparently just the two of us seem bothered by this :(.

Reactions: Lev
Some time ago I wrote an Outlook rule that deletes the email if the subject contains "3CX Phone System - Backup Complete".

For those sending to d-lists or ticket systems you might send it to a processing mailbox first to run this rule before forwarding it off to your d-list or ticket system.

True, but it's no a valid solution for me : I receive my emails on multiple devices and don't want to have a computer & outlook on 100% of the time.

Reactions: accentlogic
+1, def need this feature

wish to have exception reporting run into our ticket system rather than tickets with no action required

Reactions: accentlogic
+1
Four emails every night for successful backup & restore to the failover box gets a little old.

+1
I set backup to only once a week. When I modify something in a PBX, I make an extra manual backup. This limits the amount of mails, but it's not ideal.

+1 Going crazy on succesful back up notifications

+1

Our Phone service board is generating 40+ tickets a day due to this. Please add feature to disable email notifications upon successful backup.

-If you have a spam filter you could block the emails from coming in by creating rules to stop them there.

Agreed. This should be configurable.

+1 I only need email alert if the back fails. Thank you

+1 should be configurable to admins needs

+1

Management by exception.

Well I posted in March 2017 ... the other topic in April.

Anyway ... one year later still nothing and this feature would probably take a half a day to write -_- .

Reactions: smartek
+1 only on error option would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.