Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Disable extension dialing from Digital Receptionist

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dcoxjr, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcoxjr

I am running 3CX at a K-12 school with phones in all the classrooms. Parents have discovered that they can dial any extension from the digital receptionist to reach a particular classroom. This is obviously a distraction during class time. I need to disallow this particularly during school hours. What are my options here? I can't seem to find any information on this.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This dealt with something similar, but I'm not certain it was resolved. It may be a bit of overkill.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/how-to-block-an-internal-extension-from-an-external-call-33355.html

Since you seem to want to limit the calls "at times", you may want to investigate the use of the extension call forwarding options during certain (office?) hours. Calls could be sent to the main office during class hours, or to voicemail for retrieval when time permits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.