Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Disable Proxy mode.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wzaatar, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wzaatar

Hello, everyone...

I've got a tough question here: :shock:

Scenario:

I have two LANs (192.168.1.0/24 and 192.168.2.0/24), each with one SIP ATA (192.168.x.5), in addition I have installed a 3CX server on 192.168.1.1

Configured everything without STUN, extensions (101 for 192.168.1.5 and 201 for 192.168.2.5) call each other without any problem.

Now... My issue:
    I have recently acquired a DID number and set it to ring on ext. 101, everything works fine, audio is still crystal clear... However, when I set it to ring on ext. 201, audio is garbled: the reason, as I discovered it when logging verbose: the 3CX server sits as a 'proxy' and forwards RTP packets from 201 to the external DID and vice-versa...

So RTP packets going to 201 are going through the SIP server and are being relayed to the extension despite the fact that I disabled PBX audio relay in 3CX.

The link between the two subnets cannot handle extra bandwidth need.

Does anyone have any solution for this?

And thanks!

w.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

Even if you have disabled PBX delivers audio for both devices, you must have Supports Re-Invite enabled for both of them.

If this is disabled, the PBX will still deliver audio.

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wzaatar

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply!

Both the DID/DO and the extension are configured to support re-invite and 'replaces'... Yet it doesn't fix it! :cry:

3cxMedia snapshot:
    You can see from the above that internal calls are in "by pass" mode whereas DID calls are "proxy mode"

Thanks!

W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.