• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Disable push/mobile app ringing for Queues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Daniels

Reaction score
We have users that have the Mobile app installed along with their desk phone. This works great as we can call a single extension number and reach them whether they are on mobile or in the office.

The problem is when we add them to a Queue it simultaneously rings their mobile app and desktop phone at the same time, and with iOS there is no option to completely close the 3CX without completely disabling notifications.

Is there an option or way to exclude mobile apps from Queue's?

You may want to consider putting the unique queue extension, on an a separate key on their desk set. that way they will only receive queue calls when at the desk. It is done this way on many installations especially if you want to use the ring my mobile at the same time feature.
There may be something of help at the end of this set of posts....https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/best-practice-for-diverting.48836/

You may want to consider putting the unique queue extension, on an a separate key on their desk set. that way they will only receive queue calls when at the desk. It is done this way on many installations especially if you want to use the ring my mobile at the same time feature.
There may be something of help at the end of this set of posts....https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/best-practice-for-diverting.48836/

I'm not quite following you when you say put the queue "on a separate key" on the desk set. Do you mean have it ring on a separate line?

Yes, the main extension number on one line key, along with the ring my mobile feature, and the queue extension, on a second line key, different extension number. If no other solution presents itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.