• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Disable Ring Tone in 3CXMyphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

innoforce

Reaction score
Hello,
1.Our clients are using Skype etc. to communicate with other employees. So it would be fine to just display caller information without a ring tone. Is it possible to turn off the ring tone and just show the caller information on the desktop?

Thank you in Advance!

I am not sure I have ever heard MyPhone ring.
Are you perhaps talking of 3cx windows phone? If so, find the app directory and replace the ring tone wi a blank file. You might also be able to delete/ rename the file.

3cx myphone does not ring its simply a application in which integrates your handset with 3cx. I think you are in fact referring to the softphone.I now of no way to disable the ringer on the softphone,

Hello,
1.Our clients are using Skype etc. to communicate with other employees. So it would be fine to just display caller information without a ring tone. Is it possible to turn off the ring tone and just show the caller information on the desktop?

Thank you in Advance!

This may be an old thread, but using the newer version 3CX Phone for Windows on V15 I see the same problem. Our users use the 3CX Phone for Windows for journaling with outlook. The journal feature, is the handy feature which adds contacts automatically to outlook. At the same time, users have Skype, Slacker in the background playing music or whatever suits their fancy. Now if they forget to turn down the volume in Windows on the 3CX Phone for Windows, a loud ring tone blasts across all the cubicles in our office. On Windows every time you restart the 3CXPhone for Windows you have to reset the volume. This becomes a huge hassle for office workers who are extremely busy. Lastly, it requires installation of the product and journaling in the long run after they weigh the pros and cons of the application. We use Skype still because I am having a hard time selling 3CXPhone for Windows because of little details like this. Forgive me if there is an option for this because for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.