• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Disable Transfer to Paging Group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCarnes

Customer
Reaction score
Is there any way to prevent calls from being transferred to a paging group? We have paging groups on the BLF's of our phones, and sometimes our users are accidentally transferring calls to those paging groups.

Hello @JCarnes

I am afraid that this cannot be prevented as this is how the system is designed to work. I would recommend removing the BLF buttons for the paging group from the users phone to prevent this from accidentally happening.

This is very unfortunate as we previously had an NEC system which had a function key programmed for the paging. Having staff members manually dial the extension of a page group is very inconvenient. In addition, someone calling in from the outside can simply dial the extension number of the paging group and transfer themselves. If a disgruntled employee wanted to, they could cause all sorts of problems just by calling in from the outside and then dialing the page group extension. I hope this is something that will be addressed in a future release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.