Disable "You have a call from" ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pellegj, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pellegj

Hi! I'm new here so please forgive me if this been asked and answered before. I used the search option but it says my key words are to common to use to search, and i also used google search but nothing.

I think a customer installation is a bit screwed up. I upgraded from v9 to v10 yesterday and changed all the Grandstream 2020 phones provisioning url's to use the 3CX server (it was not set this way before). Now when they get an external call it always plays the "You have a call from xxxxxx". If i read the manual corretly that message should be available when routing to external phone, e.g. mobile phone, and i can't find anyway to disable it.

Is the installation bad? Or is there a way to fix this?

2. albertc

Just turn off the "Call screening ON" for that extension.

3. pellegj

Thank you very much for your answer, however, that option is not ticked, so already off :(

4. millsey

millsey New Member

That is a feature of the Grandsteam 20xx series phones, try changing the default ringtone. One of the ringtones actually invokes this reading out of the caller ID.

Millsey

5. pellegj

Hi, and thank you for answering.

I will check that on monday when i get in to work. I noticed that the first custom ringtone have the reading "you have a call from", but i thought the rest came from 3CX. In the meantime i have managed to get rid of it simply by renaming the tone, ring1.bin > ring3.bin and ring3.bin > ring1.bin and put them in the firmware directory on the server and rebooted the phones, and i have also removed the url for provisioning on the phones. I will test this more on monday.

6. millsey

millsey New Member

It is probably easier to change the default ring tone by editing the provisioning template. I use GXP 2000 handests on another switch not 3cx, I use 2100 on my 3cx. So I am not sure exactly what the relevant template looks like.Always copy the text of the template and save it using a text editor. In that text editor search for ring and I am sure you will figure it out.

Then make the change back in 3cx template editor. If unsure which template you need look at an extn phone provisioning tab for the named model.
    Regards
    Millsey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.