disconnect a call after a defined time

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cnf, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cnf

cnf

Hi

I have a possible customer who needs this special feature: He needs to disconect a ongoing call after a specific (he defines it) amount of time. On any user defined phone. Do any one knows if and how is it possible to do it?

Thanks

Virginio Reis

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have never seen a disconnect feature, of that sort, on a set. There are provisions to disconnect a PSTN line (in a gateway)if there is silence for a predetermined time, but most people on a phone call don't want it to drop in the middle of a conversation.

3. cnf

cnf

Sorry, could not edit my post to better explain what I need...
    It is better described as a prepaid call. In manner of fact that is what I need.

Thanks
    Virginio Reis

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Telephones, of any sort, are not normally designed to disconnect after a given time. You are trying to implement a specific type of service, that is going to require equipment (or software) designed for your application.

5. cnf

cnf

was just hoping that there was something similar to the prepaid applications for asterisk

Thanks anyway

6. Cynthia Slade

There is nothing built in to Asterick for prepaid calling - there is 3rd party software and probably some 3rd party software of those would work with 3CX.

7. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There is a setting within 3CX that sets the maximum duration that a call can last. Once the time period has been reached, 3CX drops the call. I doubt that this is really what you want as the setting is applicable to all calls and is not selectable to a given extension.

8. cnf

cnf

Thank You Guys

I got a c# programmer and we (he) will try to write an application to control any sip PBX

Thank You

9. pat71

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.