• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Disconnected network doesn't timeout/unregister extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

niko.ricour

Reaction score
Hi i'm current evaluating 3CX and there seems to be a bug where by nework disconnect
the extension stays registered for days!

Examples:

* my voip client on my cell phone, after shutting down the wifi connection it stays registered for days,
even when I try to call it, strange? Isn't it suppose to timeout?

* my soft phone crashed and the same story happens!!
Btw the new V4 softphone tends to crash alot when being called on some XP/Win7 systems!! (works well with tunneling btw)

niko.ricour said:
Btw the new V4 softphone tends to crash alot when being called on some XP/Win7 systems!! (works well with tunneling btw)
Hi, Niko

Please continue this subject on the 3CX Phone dedicated section
http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-voip-phone-community-led-no-tech-support-7/
Almost sure is related to this
http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cxphone-4-new-voip-phone-with-iphone-look-and-feel-11190-75.html#p60911

Regards
vali

Re: Disconnected network doesn't timeout/unregister extensio

niko.ricour said:
* my voip client on my cell phone, after shutting down the wifi connection it stays registered for days,
even when I try to call it, strange? Isn't it suppose to timeout?

Is there any solution to this? I use 3CX with the latest updates but I experience the exact same problem, if I kill the WiFi connection on my mobile the telephone still stays in the registered phones list because the SIP client does not have any chance to unregister first.

Is it possible that when the wifi is shutdown, that the registration is maintained over the phone's network (3G, CDMA,tdma, gsm, etc.)? If you exit the application while connected via wifi does it unregistered then?

Lyve1981 said:
Is there any solution to this? I use 3CX with the latest updates but I experience the exact same problem, if I kill the WiFi connection on my mobile the telephone still stays in the registered phones list because the SIP client does not have any chance to unregister first.

You really should be starting your own post instead of resurrecting one from a few years ago. Given that versions have changed in the meantime, your issue may be completely unrelated to the original post.

Devices should stop being registered if 3CX doesn't receive a re-registration every 30 minutes, which is the default "wait period" setting. Check the 3CX log (you may need to set it to Verbose mode for more info), it should show the registration times of the devices/phones.

No set has the chance to un-register, if power is cut or a connection is lost, that is why there is a re-registration requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICT BE Peleman
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.