Disconnection delay issue using Linksys 3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by samsonas, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samsonas

Hi

I have just setup 3CX with Linksys 3102 5.1.10(GW) for inbound and outbound calls over an analog line (in Ireland)
    Works ok on outbound.

Problem: When incoming call from PSTN is made and it rings an extension on 3CX but if PSTN caller hangs up before the call is anwered it still rings that extension for another 3 rings. I disconnect the physical line while it rings that extension but after that still does another 3 rings-not terminating. So i am sure that the disconnection signal is not terminated somewhere between Linksys and 3CX.

Disconnect Tone: 440@-30,440@-30; 2(0.5/0.5/1+2) under PSTN Disconnect Detection settings on Linksys. Tried to change Disconnect Tone settings and even delete them, but did not get any difference.

Has anybody encountered this problem? Or any ideas how to resolve it? Or where i could configure disconnect tone settings within 3CX?

Thanks in advance!

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

The problem is related to PSTN line impedance and disconnect criteria - it could be disconnect tone, CPC, polarity reversal, long silence, etc., depending on your provider. It is normally to have one ring latency.

The 3CX has nothing to do with the problem - it is dependent on the line state of the SPA-3102

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A disconnect tone can take quite a while (in some cases , 30 seconds or longer)to "appear" on a line (called party) that is left off-hook when the calling party has hung up. It varies by provider, and the make of switch at the central office. The most reliable disconnect method is CPC, a short line disconnect or current reversal. This is provided by some PSTN providers, but unfortunately, not all. The other method, silence detection, will also take some time to "realize" that a call has ended, depending on the settings in the 3102.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.