Display Calling Party number to Forwarded Destination

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by selagent, Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selagent

We have a customer that is asking us if we can deliver the Caller ID of the calling party to their sales people's cell phone when they have forwarded their desk phone to their cell phone.

For example:

Caller from 987-555-1212 calls sales exec's DID of 321-555-1002
    Sales Excec's extension (1002) is forwarded to their cell phone since they are out of the office
    Sales Exec's cell phone when it receive's a forwarded call displays 321-555-1002 (his own DID) vs. the caller ID of the customer
    When Sales Exec is unable to answer the call he can not call the customer back since he never received the caller ID
    The caller ID does not show on the phone either as a missed call when forwarded

Setup is 3CX v 11 with SNOM 870 phones .

Any thoughts?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type of trunks (outgoing) are you using, VoIP? That is the only type to support this , and that is only if your provider allows CID spoofing (changing your outgoing CID to something other than a number that they have supplied to you).

3. selagent

Yes, I am using SIP trunks from Flowroute. I understand the process from a carrier's perspective, but not how to specifically enable it with 3CX.

We have Cisco Call Manager setup with PRIs for other customers and there's no problem. There is a specific setting to allow for this in Call Manager. However, I don't see a setting within 3CX to allow for this nor do I see anything documented regarding this.

4. selagent

Just a quick update from Flowroute. They state that they will forward the CID presented from one of the following headers:

P-Asserted Identity
    Remote-Party-ID
    From Tag

Again, just not sure where to enable the re-write of the CID for one of these headers with the CPN in 3CX.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The last section of this article might be of help (a start anyway).

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/caller-id-processing-distinctive-ringing-alert-info/

6. selagent

***Solved***

Ok, I had put off troubleshooting this for a bit, but have it working correctly now and wanted to post my solution for the benefit of others.

Currently using Flowroute (SIP provider) >> 3CX v 11 >> Snon 870

To allow the originating Caller ID to pass to a cell phone when you are out of the office and have your VOIP phone forwarded to your cell, you will need to update the SIP Field: Remote Party ID - Calling Party : User Part and place the 3CX variable of "OriginatorCallerID" in the Variable field.

This may be edited under the VOIP Providers field > Select the VOIP provider you are using > Outbound Parameters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.