Display cost on phone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by akito, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akito

Hello,

I'm aware of the possibility to enter the costs per country for example in 3CX for a phonecall. I was wondering if it is possible (or will be in future) to have the price of a phonecall displayed on the phone, so one can know instantly how expensive is a phonecall?

Anyone any idea?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt it. It would have to be sent in a message of some sort (email?) after the call was complete. The majority of users probably aren't concerned about immediately knowing the cost of each call (where a cost is actually incurred).

You can , however, put in a suggestion for a feature...http://3cx.ideascale.com/

3. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

while we are on the subject of Cost per call.

We get 3000 minutes of inclusive calls within our call package, it would be good if 3CX had a option where you could put this in the billing options, and once the free minutes had been used then start to show the call charges within the call log reporter

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's a good idea, but to please everyone, it would have to take into account (or be flexible enough to satisfy) the different ways billing is calculated, depending on your location/provider/calling plan.

Rounded to next full minute, one second increments,six second increments, 30 second increments, flagfall charge, increased rate after x number of included minutes (per day?), and so on..

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    It's easy to provide 3CXPhone' user a settings parameter "Cost per minute", or something like this, and then, on the display, instead of showing call duration to show call's cost. But it's not confortable and reliable at all. Call's cost information should be provided - from my point of view - by the PBX/provider, according to its rules. I never saw a SIP phone displaying call's cost - Skype has, but Skype is not SIP and has its own "PBX".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

what is the parameter and value to use?

7. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Let's say, "Cost per minute" - 0.60 (USD, EUR, CAD, ...)
    Actually, 3CXPhone shows on the display call duration, let's say 1:10:12. Then it will display 42.12.
    But, I repeat. it's not reliable, it's the PBX/provider the one which establish the cost: calls through DR, transferred calls, external calls, different costs per period of day, whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.