Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Display incoming called number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wiggum123, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiggum123

Not sure if this has been covered before, I have tried to search so sorry if this is a Repost.
    I am trying to display the number dialed by an incoming caller. We have a load of different external numbers assigned and want to display how the caller got through. If it is possible to replace the number with text or have a different ring specific to the number dialed that would be even better

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @wiggum123

I would assume that you have DID's assigned to the system. If that is the case then you will need to create an inbound rule for each of the DID's.
    Each inbound rule can be named with a distinctive name or even with the number of the DID.
    You will then navigate to contacts / options and enable the option "Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID"
    2017-06-15_11h02_58.png

Now when a caller rings a specific number and the system follows that inbound rule to forward the call then the name of the inbound rule will appear on the screen of the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.