Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Display inter company name on incoming Line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by seanbts, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanbts

Hi All,

I'm looking to see if its possible to do the following:

We have 8 DDI's from our provider, which all ring to our reception, I want to have 1 of these numbers allocated to our sister company and when someone rings that exact number it also rings to our receptionist but is displays the name of our sister company on the handset which is a Yealink T28p, so she knows how to answer the phone. is this possible?

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Run the DID's (assigned to each company) through a different ring group, and use the append ring group name option. The name you've assigned to that ring group should show up on the display.

3. seanbts

Hi Leejor,

thanks for your help, If I go to Add Ring Group , do I choose Priotized Hunt or Ring All? I have the option to add the internal extensions to a ring group but not the DDI's?

Thanks again

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You route the DID's to a ring group then you put the extensions that are going to answer the calls, in , as members of the ring group. If there is more than one member, then you probably want all of then to ring at the same time to allow the first person able to answer, to take the call. It depends on your particular set-up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.