• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Display queue/ring group name on lock screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

techclarity

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Is there any way to display the queue/ring group name on the lock screen for incoming calls? Currently, there is no way to determine if incoming call is to direct extension or queue/ring group.

Hi
This is already implemented in the Beta version and therefore will be available in the next release.
If you're already a member of our iOS Beta Program, you can try the latest 15.2.5.138 via TestFlight.
If you're not, then check our blog to subscribe:
https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/ios-ipv6-support/

P.S Your iOS device should run IOS 10.x.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am running the latest beta and just tested again and it only shows the caller ID. It does not show the ring group name. Is there any configuration that needs to be done?

I cannot test right now (I'm not at work) but please check if in the PBX Management Console, in Contacts/Options, in the "Add Group, Queue..." you have either Append Name or Prepend Name option selected. Me, I will try tomorrow and I will keep you informed.

Thanks. Yes, in Contacts/Options, we have Add, Group, Queue... set to Prepend Name. Tested again on a new install of v15 and it still does not show on lock screen. It shows if phone is unlocked and I am in the app.

Oh, I understand now. You will have to wait a bit until SP5 of V15 will be released, it's the SP5 which will properly send the caller's name, pre-SP5 PBX versions doesn't.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.