Display security video feed on Yealink T58?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ahkim, Feb 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahkim

I am upgrading some of our phones to the Yealink T58. The specs state that it can display a camera feed on the screen. Could you please let me know where I can get started on making this work? What software and hardware do I need?

The purpose is so a person sitting in the back of the office can keep an eye on the front door.

Thanks!

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

You need a door entry system that has the same codex as the yealink phones which I believe is Video codec: H.264 High Profile, H.264, VP8

Note : not all the T5x range allows external video

3. Sopock

Sopock Member

[​IMG]
    @teldata1
    However, on the T58V I see the video from the 3CX client's webcam, which works fine.
    if only there were affordable PoE powered Windows machine:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ahkim

Thank you. I checked the specs to confirm the T58 should support video.

Is it possible to display a camera feed without a door entry system? For example, can I purchase a camera that uses one of the supported codecs for the sole purpose of remote viewing?

Can I have the video feed displayed on the phone continuously, or is there a set timeout limit?

Sopock - sorry I didn't get the joke... are you saying there's a good solution out there?

I'm not the one actually doing the 3CX programming, just the one to point our consultant in the right direction.

Thanks again everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.